stay home, meditate, rejuvenate, create…
guided personally with keren
retreats are time we sanctify for turning toward the internal, attuning through the contemplative, and attending to intimacy with self, with the divine.
the nourishment of these sacred markers in time cannot be overstated.
especially in a society and culture where primary values celebrate how much one can do and how quickly, we simply must revitalize ourselves through balancing – giving rest! …and we need rest in regularity and in rhythm. this is a fact of being human many of us feel we need to re-claim and remember. retreats , and learning HOW to do them well, are a wonderful option.
Sacred Rest * Internal Refreshment * Intimacy with all that is Subtle
- 24 hour , 2 day or 4 day retreat.
- I have worked with Keren for 4 consecutive years, in intensive retreats and follow-up skype sessions as well. She always has been and is a great spiritual teacher and mentor to me, helping me to make peace with the past, enabling me to live a more peaceful and open minded life currently. I love her open, and intuitive approach, filled with great variety of modes, and the guidance she provides with it!- Perry. Vancouver, BC, Canada
- it is a huge privilege to learn, share and pray with you. I thank god that we were brought together!amy, new mexico
- Keren Khaya Abrams, a most remarkable creature, a fountain of vitality and kindness. A truly gifted healer, a carrier of deep and uncanny medicine. In her hands, bodies transform.-- David Abram, writer. new mexico
- my work with keren was transformative, and literally, life saving. her depth of purpose and connection to spirit guided me to a place of healing i intuited was possible, but could not have gotten to alone.shea, boston
- ...i love the way you lead ceremony. there is a certain fearlessness you exude in your approach and practice that is refreshing and seemingly filled with love for everything. good for you, and good for everyone whom you reach out to; you have a gift which shines very brightly.anonymous, santa fe
- you are freeing words form the imprisonment of literalism!tomas, source kabala class, santa fe
why a virtual retreat?
you can participate right from home! no bag packing, travel expenses and extra tensions…just clear the desk, some light dusting perhaps, click off the phone and – there you are – away!
for custom arranged solo retreats we begin with a phone/skype consult where you will clarify your personal intentions for retreat. we will then further design the schedule and the itinerary of that designated retreat time.
i will give you
- assignments to complete to prepare for the retreat
- an hourly schedule for the retreat days
- an “entering” retreat phone call & a follow up phone call for integration
the group virtual retreat format includes no more than 7 participants and is sketched from the following outline (varies by topic)
- phone/skype 30 min orientation with keren upon registration
- pre-retreat prep assignments via email
- retreat opening/ closing live video conference with group.
- personal follow up email with keren
- the blessing of solo space, while being held by another (or others, in group retreats)
- a sense of re-centering
- a more calm and clear thought capacity
- a deep rest, and thus refreshment
- a reconnection with the “soft-animal-of-the-body”, that is -Self.
- a renewed sense of purpose and vision
- a palpable sense of intimacy
- deepening into artistic and creative process
SOME RETREAT THEMES:
keren co-creates a structure with an individual or small group for healing in physical, emotional and spiritual realms. these retreats can be from 1 full day to 1 week and offer direct contact work with keren in any of the modalities she offers in private sessions as well as options of yoga and creative arts.
..receiving the ritual of the moment through gesture, prayer, movement and music..
at the root of all formalized spiritual and religious practice lies the inner urge, the organic desire, to feel one-self a part of the whole of creation. when we enact ritual we engage this opportunity. releasing the commonly known codes and definitions of ritual, in this workshop, we go to experience ritual’s seed-source and cultivate the flower of its manifestation into form. this workshop guides the crafting of ritual, based in a clarity of intention and a depth of attention, to mark life’s transformative and transitional times. some intentions may be: release and cleansing rituals, rites of passage rituals, healing rituals, or commitment rituals.
keren facilitates individuals or groups in the practice of silence and listening for receiving higher guidance. the retreat structure includes continual practice of sacred silence. keren co-creates the structure with the participants and contents may include guided meditation, energy healing, embodied experience in nature, chant and constructive rest.