revitalizing judaism with its own ancient-root medicine
keren is ordained in the rabbinic lineage of
Reb Zalman-Schachter Shalomi
as Shaliakh & the first “omana’ya”
“Omanaya” is a Hebrew Ceremonial Artist
with no affiliation except the ancient wisdom
serving folks in prayer gatherings, torah study, and ceremony
- initial family meetings to establish: intentions, goals and curriculum outline
- learning the beautiful ancient hebrew, to read and chant
- learning ancient liturgical melodies
- exploring the ancient hebrew calendar of festivals & learning modern conventional applications as well as alternative possibilities for celebrating
- creating a theme that guides the mentoring and educational process
- exploring and understanding how this time/process is a “coming of age”
- exploring biblical stories and sacred-text historically
- independence from any affiliation or synagogue establishment – or – integrated a synagogue, as the family prefers
all culminating in a family-officiated
hebrew, ancient chant, hebrew spiritual practice, source kabala, ancient hebrew text
private lessons worldwide, or, organize your own group
worldwide workshops seasonally
holy day ceremonies for rosh hashana, kol nidrei, pesach, shavuot, tu b’shvat, and more
co-creative, immediately felt, hebrew-based, earth-bound, full of song and depth of intention
join us live, or, get consulting to co-create in your own community
- from ordination for omana'ya, minister of jewish ritual and prayer: i recommend any community and individual to be assisted by her in the paths of their life-rituals. i trust her to lead the people in meaningful and artistic rituals with full respect to themselves, as well as to the earth and all of her inhabitants. she is trusted to be drawing her inspiration from the deep well of the ancient and ever-renewing tradition of the Hebrews, since our tribal roots to the late rabbinic periods, with the openness to the reunion of this tradition with all other wisdom and divine peace-seeking traditions of the world. "may the sweet-pleasantness of adonai our source-of-powers be upon us and prepare the workings of our hands..." (psalms)rabbi ohad yisrael nisi ezrachi, israel
- "To be able to guide and lead humans be-ing to new levels of trust, truth, & healing without inserting one-self is no easy task. Keren seems to do that intuitively and masterfully. She can be trusted to be fully human and Divine at once." - TY, Master Builder & Farming, North CarolinaTY, Master Builder & Farming, North Carolina
- It's been a honor, a joie de vivre nourishment of body/soul entrainment. The OneDance collective & Keren our guide, thank you for enriching my life. - AR, Optimum Health Advocate. S.fe, NMAR, Optimum Health Advocate. S.fe, NM
- It is a huge privilege to learn, share and advance myself with you over these years. I find both comfort and the appropriate amount of push in directions I really need; you help me see my own wisdom and get me out of habitual ruts. I am so thankful that we were brought together! - AT, Marketing Specialist, SF, NM.AT, Marketing Specialist, SF, NM.
- You are freeing words form the imprisonment of literalism! - TM, Author & Poet, SF, NMTM, Author & Poet, SF, NM
- I have to say: I love the way you lead ceremony. There is a certain fearlessness you exude in your approach that is refreshing, and seemingly filled with love for everything. Good for you, and good for everyone whom you reach; you have a gift which shines very brightly. - MM, Fine Artist, NMMM, Fine Artist, NM
keren is founder of the Native Hebrew Spirit path.
deeply rooted in the ancient while at once immediate & relevant
folks are hungering to be personally touched by what is Jewish and the Ancient Hebrew spirit feeds us.
folks are looking for Universal Truths and Immediate Relevance inside what the Ancient sacred text gives us. here, we find it.
What is our source-text to peer into the Native Hebrew Spirit ways? Simply, Tanakh (hebrew bible) . Though we frequently re-tell stories of Abraham & Sarah, Moshe & Miriam, and the many others wandering in the Tanakh, the essences of their practices and experiences are nearly lost in contemporary Jewish practice. here, in the omana’ya path, we re-vitalize their essential wisdom-ways.
At this time in history our remembrance and inclusion of the sensibilities from the more ancient Hebrew Spirit ways can serve this need. as well, this path of practice, education and celebration serves to reveal the Hebrew wisdom as one facet of a varied-culture world-wisdom.
one of the consequences of exiles and collective trauma is the condensation of spiritual practices into “backpack-able religion”.
now is the time to unpack what was condensed and codified into the contemporary texts and protocols
keren’s work as omana’ya is helps us do that unpack & honor the ancient wisdom, once again